Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Guest Post - Jessica from slimmingjess91

Saturday 21 May 2011

Todays guest post was written by Jessica at slimmingjess91


I have always been big, since about 10 years of age I knew I was bigger than other children, not a great deal but it was still noticable. I only really cared about my weight when I was 12, I was at a sleepover and there were 6 of us, 5 average weight girls and me.  We all got weighed (cannot even remember why this happened!) and they all weighed between 7 and 8 stone and I was just short of 10 stone.
That was the first time I'd ever known my weight and even though I was not sure what stone and pounds were I knew I was abnormal. I still did not do anything about it, I did not know about dieting or anything so I just carried on as normal.

Fast forward 5 years, I am 17, I have done several diets - closer diets, slimfast, celebrity slim and Weight Watchers, I'm sure there are probably some more too. The most I lost on any was half a stone, not enough when I am now 14 and a half stone. I was stuck in a rut I did not know what else to do.

In April 2009 I met my current partner Liam, he is big too and seems to love me as I am, so I completely forget about losing weight. We fall in love very quickly, our nights are spent on three course meals out, pizza and wine in and endless take aways. By the time we get engaged in June 2009 I am 15 stone, thats half a stone gained in 6 weeks. We book our first holiday together in July 2009, half board, lots of alcohol and bad food, we come back from Benidorm almost a stone heavier, I weigh in at my heaviest ever, 15 stone 9lb and a size 18, although the 18s are tight I should be in 20s. We get home look at our photos from our engagement party and holiday and I am absolutely devisated.  I look disgusting, how had I been so blind to my weight? I thought the blue dress at our party was slimming, turns out it was not disguising anything!

A few days after we return I head to the doctors for a pill review, she tells me I need to change pills to help my pain and bloating.  She suggests a certain pill but has to weigh me as being too overweight can cause strokes with this pill. I get weighed and she tells me I am obese and need to lose 2 stone to get the pill I need. It breaks my heart that my weight is stopping me having something I medically need. My mum mentioned rejoining Weight watchers but it did not really work for me as I found it too strict so I researched and found Slimming World.  I joined November 2009 weighed 15 stone 5.

I found Slimming World really easy, so much free food, not much restriction I could not believe I was losing weight and eating so much. I lost a stone pretty quickly but after that my weight loss slowed down as I became a 16 and feel more comfortable in my body so not too bothered about my weight. I manage to lose an extra stone in 2010 and come into 2011 just over 2 stone lighter.

I am still with Slimming World and have overcome so many obstacles, it is hard when you have had a good week and maintain or have a small gain but you have to keep going and pushing on and you do get the results eventually. I keep a food diary everyday now so I can see if I have gone wrong (and make sure I am not unconciously eating naughty things) and that really helps me.

I did want to be at target of 10st 5 for my holiday in July but I have relaxed a little and would like another stone and half off before then so I will only be a stone from my first target.

To date I have lost 2 stone 4lb, I have gone from a 18/20 to a 12/14, I feel comfortable and happier than before but still want to lose another 2 stone to be completely satified.  Joining Slimming World was the best thing I have ever done! Oh and I am now on the pill that I needed ;)

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jessica, you look fab :) Good luck with reaching your next target x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you! I think this really shows how weight loss can affect your and improve your health. Well done girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Jessica! You must feel brilliant now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats amazing! you look fabulous!! and i bet you feel great too!
    you should be so proud :) well done!!


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Jess! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you look fabulous now, I might try slimming world again, I'm not a bit eater though so I sometimes find weight watchers/slimming world diets make me so full up but I always enjoyed the green days of slimming world
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an inspiration! You look amazing, well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real inspiration, thanks Jessica, you've really answered my query over whether to quit WW and try Slimming World instead - well, there's my question answered!!

    ReplyDelete