The Where Are My Knees team have tried them (our favourites are the barbeque and thai sweet chilli) and they make a super tasty and guilt free snack. The Popchips pledge is: 'no fake colours, no fake flavours, no preservatives, no fluorescent orange fingertips, and no wiping your greasy chip hand on your jeans' so swapping your regular bag of crisps for a bag of popchips would be a smart move.
Consultant Nutritionist & Registered Dietitian, Azmina Govindji RD MBDA has the following snacking advice:
- Regular meals and healthy snacks help you to stay energised and avoid binge eating.
- A cup of hot soup or diet hot choc works wonders - great, filling comfort food!
- When you’re on the go, make sure you have lower fat treats in the car or in your bag. Planning ahead can reduce those unhealthy impulse buys. Pack some popchips, a packet of nuts and raisins or some dried fruit the night before…
- A colourful array of fruits and veggies gives you essential nutrients that help your energy levels and immune system.
- Sometimes you’re not hungry but just need something to crunch. Keep a snack attack box in your fridge – e.g. carrot sticks, olives, cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes, radishes, pickled onions.
Alternatively, try distracting yourself by doing something completely different like making a phone call or going for a walk – taking your mind off food will help to curb your craving.
Neither baked nor fried! Choosing popchips makes sure you’re getting around half the fat.
Regular hot chocolate with cream
Diet hot choc made with skimmed milk, sprinkle on a little cocoa powder
Skimmed milk is 0% fat yet in a hot drink it still adds creaminess, colour and flavour. Using a diet choc powder helps you cut down on sugar too.
Jaffa cakes are lighter than regular chocolate.
Sugar-rich breakfast cereal
Bowl of porridge made with semi skimmed milk and dash of honey
Oats can help reduce your blood cholesterol and a little honey is likely to give you far less sugar than many breakfast cereals.
If you want to win the case of Popchips just leave a comment with your contact details below. For an extra entry you can follow @WhereAreMyKnees on twitter and let us know that you have done this in a comment on this post. The giveaway will end on the 18th of April at 9pm.