Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Guest Post - Rachel from RachelPhipps.com

Saturday 30 April 2011

Today's guest blog was written by Rachel from Rachel Phipps.



I find it absolutely impossible to diet. That is a fact. Another, unfortunate fact is I'm not one of those lucky people who can eat whatever they want and not put on any weight. Trust me, I put on the weight! Aside from the eating well and exercising (we all know that by now!) one of the biggest changes I have made to my lifestyle is changing what I have to drink. And I'm not talking about cutting down on alcohol consumption (though I have done that, less beer more wine, only drinking on weekends.)

I used to be a total juice and smoothie junkie. I drank them all day, and had juice with absolutely every meal. This actually is quite expensive, so for financial reasons I decided to cut down. I stopped having smoothies in the house, and limited myself to only drinking juice at breakfast. A few weeks later I discovered fruit and herbal teas and in the end I only drank tea and water every day.

The different was incredible, I notably lost weight. You may think that juice and smoothies are healthy because they are all natural, and they are. But what you don't realise is that they are packed full of natural sugars (and sometimes nastily added sugars), which can still cause you to put on weight.

You don't have to cut juice and smoothes from your diet like I have, sometimes I still treat myself. However, cutting down a bit will do you a world of good!


-------------------------------------

We are always looking for new guest bloggers. If you're interested in writing a post for Where Are my Knees? please send us an email with a rough idea of what you'd like to write to wherearemyknees@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I dont think most people realise what sugar does to their system. Im lucky that I love water and only drink that....sometimes I drink coffee or tea and for a special treat I might buy sugar free ice-tea...I try not to rely on sugar free stuff too but its nice to have once in a while....

    I was like you...I loved smoothies....but with the ammount of sugar in them....I'd rather save my treat for my faves bread or pasta (another one of my special treats)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only drink juice at breakfast and I measure the amount I have.
    I must admit I'm a bit of a tea fiend but I don't add any sugar to mine.
    Water all the way!

    ReplyDelete