Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Fatija risotto... thing

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Sounds appealing, huh?! I had no idea what to title this post, or in fact this recipe, so that'll have to do I'm afraid!



On Monday it took me absolutely ages to decide what I wanted to have for my dinner and with relatively few items in my cupboard, I made some sort of mish-mash thing of chicken with one of those Original BBQ Fajita mix powders, but it was SO GOOD. I have no idea how good it was calorie wise but I don't imagine it was too bad, there was nothing that unhealthy in it!

Ingredients
enough rice for however many people you're cooking for (I am RUBBISH with rice portion sizes!)
fajita powder mix sachet (you know the ones I mean, yes?)
onions - I used 2, one white & one red
chicken breast - chopped up however you like
frozen, or fresh, peas
can of sweetcorn
peppers, chopped up small
& any other vegetables you fancy, mushrooms would be quite nice added into the mix!

Method
Put the rice onto boil and while that's cooking, cook the chicken and the other ingredients in a seperate pan altogether. Once they're cooked, add the fajita mix - pretty much as you would when you're making actual fajitas! If the whole mixture goes a bit dry, add a splash of water to stop it from being too dry. Once the rice is cooked, drain it and add to the chicken mixture. Mix it all together and make sure it's hot before you serve it, and enjoy!

It was literally so simple and it was just a case of throwing all the stuff together. It's the fajita mix that makes it taste so good and they're not high in calories at all (I don't think?!). If you're vegetarian you can make it without the meat (obviously) and it'll be just as good!

Ps - sorry it might not be very easy to follow, I have no idea how to write methods so they're decent! Hopefully it makes sense though, if not just let me know :)

4 comments:

  1. Your food always looks so yummy! Got so may recipies to try!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so nice,I may have to trynthis out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy. I love discovering food by just throwing things together.x

    ReplyDelete