Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Best British Bloggers & Maxitone

Wednesday 18 January 2012




As I keep mentioning, I've been a bit absent from the blog over recent months. I've said in a previous Sunday Summary that I'd had a bit of a breakdown to the girls about how low I was feeling and how unhappy within myself I was. Since my return from Australia, everything seems to have spiralled out of any sort of control and I've reached an all time low. I'm unhappy within myself so I turn to junk food, which in turn makes me gain even more weight which then leads to me eating more to comfort myself. It's a horrible and vicious cycle. I then decided to ignore everything and just hoped it'd go away, I've always vowed to myself that I'll lose the weight one day, but with no plan or even any motivation to do it though, how was it ever going to happen? I was kidding myself and everyone around me. I'm full of good intentions but nothing ever comes of them.

Just days after my breakdown, Gem recommended me to Best British Bloggers and I can now announce that I'll be part of a massive Happy New You campaign that they're working on with Maxitone. It came at the right time, and I'm aware of how lucky I am to be able to work with them to help me lose weight and to try and help me on the road to happy. I'm one of six bloggers who will be working in unison with them, my progress will be tracked for three months and I'm going to blogging about it, not on this blog, but on the Maxitone blog so you can follow how well I'm doing on there. I'll obviously do updates on here too via Sunday Summaries but the main bulk of it will be done over there.

I was always a bit skeptical about protein shakes and supplements but I'm a lot more open minded after reading more and finding out about it and I'm excited to get started and to share my progress with all you loyal readers. Thank you for sticking with me and I promise I won't let you down again.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry you feel so crap about your weight at the moment. I really relate to how you feel, it is always a vicious cycle to me, and I always think I will lose the weight one day, but never tried hard enough to do it. Only in the last few weeks have really got myself together on a proper lifechanging lifestyle regime where I vow to lose the weight once and for all! It's great that this has come at this time, really hope it works for you and I shall be reading your blogs about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always used to be a little skeptical about protein shakes and stuff like that as well but recently I've been following a gym routine which also says the food and supplements I should be eating and I've lost more weight in two weeks than I have done in the 3 months before starting! :)
    I think supplements definitely have their place in life and they definitely have a place in mine now! :)

    Good luck with your weightloss I can't wait to hear more about how you find it! :)

    Rhiannon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Lucy, sounds like a great plan to follow.
    Can't wait to read about your sucess!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck, sounds really interesting! :)

    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete