Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Guest Post - Mushroom Soup - Ariana from Fatale Fashion

Saturday 1 October 2011

I'm Ariana, a 20-something working girl from New Jersey who determined to finally slim down and get fit! I've lost 15 pounds at this point and already feel stronger and slimmer, and will keep on going. Slow and steady wins the race! I blog about my weight loss journey at Labor of Loss, and about my clothing and style obsession at Fatale Fashion.
My diet plan:
I joined the Weight Watchers online program in May of 2011, and have slowly been dropping the pounds ever since. I also have a relatively relaxed workout regime, which is usually about two workouts a week, or three in a good week. I hope that by making this a lifestyle rather than using diet and extreme exercise as a means to an end, I will be able to lose all the weight (albeit slowly), and keep it off for good :)

Souper Low Fat Mushroom Soup

Get it?? Souper... super...

....well, I giggled!

Here's a recipe I made from Skinnytaste - creamy mushroom soup! This soup is so so so delicious, I'm still in disbelief that it's only ONE POINT for a 1 1/4 cups of soup!! And it's super easy to make! This soup has become a staple in my house.

Low Fat Creamy Mushroom Soup
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes 
Servings: 5 • Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup Old Points: 1 pts • ProPoints: 1 pts
Calories: 49 • Fat: 1.8 g Carb: 6.6 g Fibre: 1.1 g Protein: 3.2 g


  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 4 cups water
  • 2 chicken bullion cubes
  • 5 oz shitake mushrooms, sliced
  • 8 oz baby bella, sliced
  • 1 celery stalk, whole with leaves removed
  • 1 tbsp light butter

Place cold water and flour in a blender and blend until smooth, pour into a medium pot and set heat to medium. Add celery, mushrooms, chicken bullion and butter and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes. Remove celery and a cup of soup, blend, then return back to the pot.



Ta da!! Quick and easy and so tasty!! I didn't bother to blend the celery, my soup was creamy enough so I simply discarded the stalk and served. I had 2 cups for dinner, and plan on a cup for lunch to go with my salad :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss! I think that it is great that you are doing this in a way that you will be able to carry on once you reach your goal :) It really is the best way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOo i love soups, will have to give it a try once the weather becomes normal again!
    Well done on your weight loss, i love weightwatchers, isnt it good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feature ladies!

    @Sarah, I really do like weight watchers. It's such an easy program to follow, but what I like most about it is that it's so easy to pick up if you fall off the wagon. With other diets I found that if I binged one day I would get frustrated and think "I'll start again next week" and pretty much ruin all my hard work. With WW it's so easy to pick up again the next day after a bad night!

    ReplyDelete