Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Introducing... Lucy

Friday 18 March 2011



So, hello. My introduction. Can I first apologise about the silly picture of me, it's the best one I could find that I hadn't already used on my personal blog and I couldn't get a decent one of my newly dyed ginger hair! Excuses, excuses. Anyway, I don't really know what to put here, all I know is I want to lose weight to make me happier. I've been on and off various diets for SO long, I attempt healthy eating but it's never long before I cave in and eat chocolate and other bad (nice) things. I joined Slimming World for about 9 weeks last June and managed to lose almost a stone. Thing is, I don't even remember slipping off it - it just sort of happened! I still have all the books and information, so perhaps it's time to crack those out again.

My biggest problem is a lack of motivation, I need someone to tell me that I shouldn't buy that bar of Galaxy and eat it all in one sitting and I'm hoping this blog, and all you lovely readers (there are so many of you already!), will turn into that somebody - my guilty conscience. Just recently, moreso while I'm in uni for a ridiculous amount of hours, I find myself eating a bag of Haribo for lunch or just popping down to the vending machine and having myself a cheeky Wispa, but all this has to stop. I can't continue to blame being a stressed-out and under-pressure third year, especially because after May 4th it won't be a valid excuse anymore!

At the start of this year I began a food diary in which I wrote down everything that I ate, and although I only lost a few pounds (before gaining them again...), I found keeping a record really helped. It made me think more about what I was eating so at the start of this week I weighed myself and began keeping a record again. I'll be updating you all every Sunday with how my week has been and how much weight I've lost. Fingers crossed it'll be a little bit each week!

My main goal is to try and slim down ready for my five-week adventure in Australia in October. I mean, I'm not going to meet my dream surfer dude looking like this, am I?! But first, let's concentrate on trying to drop one dress size (or maybe two!) before my 21st Birthday which is on June 25th.

I'm not prepared to be the only one of us five who fails, so wish me luck and fingers crossed 2011 is MY year! :)

9 comments:

  1. Hey :]
    I'm on slimming world and i know the plan inside out if you need and help or just a chat about it just message or tweet me xxx

    http://ablogfromblackpool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I can totally relate to this. I've lost weight before but then somehow I just slip off track and put it all back on again, despite my best intentions! I'm currently using a (paid) site called WLR - Weight Loss Resources - where you count your calories instead of a points system with a food diary. I love it and have already lost 1/2 stone.
    Good luck in your journey! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why wouldn't you attract a nice surfer guy the way you are now? You're lovely :)

    Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I believe in you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could totally bag a surfer now but if it helps your confidence then I'm behind you. I find food diarys very helpful as it you can't just 'forget' the snacks you've had. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww good luck. im sure you can do it.
    i'm a big snacker too and i found switching things link having some nuts or a couple pieces of fruit in my bag helps not go and get a cheeky bar of chocolate.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your post! & if you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in...what's has always helped me curb my sweetness-lovin' is planning my ONE indulgence for the day. so i already know in advance, that after lunch, dinner, whatevs, i am going to have a slice of cheesecake, or a cookie, or ice cream. that really helps keep me in check (& of course portion control too). :D good luck & i think you could easily catch a surfer guy the way you look, you are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm doing slimming world too and think it's great however i do loose motivation now and then and can't stop myself eating cupcakes. i would definitely love to have someone telling me what not to do all the time haha, we can motivate each other =) good luck with everything and im looking forward to keeping ourselves motivated!!! the thought of hot surfer dudes should be a good incentive

    http://ablogfromblackpool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete