Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Helping You Find Healthy

Thursday 7 June 2012




Bupa knows that it's important to look after yourself, so they've created a number of apps and tools to help you on this quest.

Bupa have created a range of fantastic tools, apps and devices that help you to find healthy. Wellbeing is really important and there aren't many resources to check your own health. But with Bupa’s free tools you can look at aspects of your health in the comfort of your own home through a range of interactive applications. You can be safe in the knowledge that the information is from a trusted health source. There are a wide range of services covering many aspects of life, giving you advice for exercise programmes and providing fitness regimes that help to improve fitness levels - leading to better health.

There are loads of tools that can help all of you who are doing the 'Couch to 5k' challenge and starting to run like the 'New runners advice' section and training programmes suited to all abilities. There is also a smart runner app which helps you add fun and variety to your runs. You simply replace one of your normal runs every week with a 'smart run' and you can sync your run with your iTunes library to create running playlists. Bupa apps like this one would be a good way to shake up your running routine.

I was most interested in using the BMI calculator, Health Age calculator and reading the information on drinking.


My BMI has dropped greatly since losing 6 stone but I still have a long way to go before I am in the healthy range. I will be using this tool along my weight loss journey to help set my goal weight and keep track on my progress. The calculator was really easy to use, you only have to put in a few details and there is lots of great advice and information for you to read once you calculate your BMI.

I used the health age calculator and I was pleasantly surprised. I came out at 25 and I'm 24. The tool said I can lower this by up to 10 years by consuming a little less alcohol and increasing my exercise by a couple of sessions a week. The information on drinking reinforced what I already know. I drink a little too much on weekends, indulging in far too many cocktails and need to address this. I'm young and having fun but switching to a few glasses of wine instead of cocktails at the weekends could reduce the risk of a lot of alcohol related illnesses.

I also played around with the Cost of smoking calculator (even though I don't smoke) you would spend over £34k smoking over 15 years, that's staggering! It could be a really useful tool to help persuade a loved one to stop smoking. I'm very impressed with all the Bupa content. There are so many apps that you are sure to find the right one for you, try them out and find healthy!

Will you be checking out Bupa find healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment