Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Carrot and Ginger Soup

Thursday 17 November 2011

The temperature in South Wales has plummeted recently so I'm on a big soup making mission. Sandwiches really aren't the best thing to take to work in the winter.  This carrot and ginger soup recipe was my favourite out of all the soups I made last week. It is only 1 Pro Point per serving so it is a Monday soup if you have indulged on the weekend, great as a starter before your main meal or a low point snack to keep you going in between meals.



Ingredients

1 medium onion
1 teaspoon of fresh or ground ginger
1 Vegetable stock cube, add 1 1/2 pints of water
350g of carrots
15g of soup pasta (I just broke up some normal pasta)
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper

Instructions

Heat the onion and ginger in a covered pan, with about 6 tablespoons of the stock.

Add the carrots when the onion is soft.

Pour in the remaining stock and bring to the boil. Turn down and simmer and cook, covered for about 20 minutes.

Liquidise the soup or just use a potato masher to break up the carrots.

Add the pasta and season to taste.

Heat through for another 5 minutes until the pasta is soft.


What are your favourite combinations in soup?
Let me know if you make it and what you thought!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not keen on taking sandwiches to work either and soup is great to warm you up on a cold day! I like carrot and ginger soup and this recipe seems nice and simple to follow, will have to give it a try! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This looks so delicious AND is vegetarian. Perfect!

    My personal favorite soups are vegetable and barley — the spicier the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the weather here...brrrrrr!
    This siup looks SCRUMPTIOUS! I wish I wasn't on a low carb diet *sob* xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks and sounds amazing! I wish i liked ginger :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds similar to the carrot, ginger and chilli soup I make for Slimming World :) I add potatoes in if I'm on a green day to make it a bit chunkier! x

    ReplyDelete