Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Eggscellent Easter Treats

Tuesday 26 March 2013



Easter is only a few days away not but try not to worry too much. You might be tempted to fall off the wagon, over indulge and feel guilty after but you can easily avoid this. The Weight Watchers plan is really flexible and you can treat yourself to a whole egg if you like by saving up your weekly budget of 49 points.

I normally tell friends and family who usually give me chocolate that I would prefer something else or nothing at all. I'm 25 now and can go and get my own Easter egg if I really want one, seems silly that I still get them every year. If I do still end up receiving an unexpected Easter egg I share it with everyone or use the online calculator to work out the ProPoints values of a chocolate egg and break it up into portions that fit in to my daily budget. This year I'm going to buy myself one of the £1 Cadbury eggs and eat it over the Bank Holiday as a treat but only if I have enough weekly points left.

If you wanted to have a go at making something yourself then try these tasty looking Mini Chocolate Easter Cheesecakes over on the Weight Watchers site for just 4 ProPoints each.
If you want to indulge this weekend then here is a little guide to tempting treats:
FoodProPoints values
Cadbury Giant Creme Egg 532g44
1 Lindt Gold Bunny (200g) 30
Green And Black's Dark Chocolate Thick Shell Egg 180g28
Milky bar barn 160g - 9 points for whole egg + 15 points for the cow24
1 Smarties Easter Egg (111g) - (38g tube of Smarties included has an extra ProPoints value of 5)16
Cadbury Egg 'N' Spoon Double Chocolate 136g6
1 Cadbury Mini Eggs (45g ctube)6
1 Cadbury Creme Egg (40g)5
1 Co-operative Healthier Choice Hot Cross Bun (60g)4
1 slice Warburtons Hot Cross Bun Loaf (35g)3
1 Weight Watchers Rich Toffee Bar 2
Updates for 2015
Cadbury Mini Eggs   1 for 3
Cadbury Mini Eggs (100g bag)  13
Cadbury Cream Eggs Mini  2 
Cadbury Caramel Bunnies  3  
Aero Bubbly Lamb  4 
Maltesers Bunny  5 
Cadbury Caramel Egg  5
Nestle Milky Bar Egg (65g)  12
Flake Egg (153g) with 4 fun size bars  22
Maltesers Egg (177g) Shell Only  15
Maltesers Egg (177g) with sweets  24
Snickers Egg (181g) with bars  27
Lindt Bunny (10g)  2
Dairy Milk Egg (214g) Shell Only  18
Dairy Milk Egg (214g) with bars  32


Before you eat anything this Easter…
ask yourself if it’s worth the ProPoints values.

Whatever you do, keep tracking
Tracking makes you more aware of what you’re eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment