Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Chorizo Tomato Pasta

Wednesday 20 March 2013


This is one of my favourite dinners and I've been meaning to ProPoint it up to see if I can do it WW style. It turns out I can, and the only major change I've made is reducing the pasta portions and not adding any oil other than FryLight. I've also only used half a pack of chorizo - but if you wanted to make it extra meaty, using the whole packet would only add an extra 3PP per person. It's super fast to throw together and is really rich and comforting.

I really recommend using raw chorizo sausages, rather than the pre-cooked stuff - it means all the sauces will ooze out into the pan and will give everything an extra amazing flavour. Now, of course you can mix this up with the vegetables and the seasoning, but this is exactly how I always do it and it always comes out really tasty. I actually cannot express enough how much I love this dish! It's amazing.

I always think of this as a 'payday dinner' because chorizo isn't an everyday ingredient in my house - it's not that cheap! I quite often make this with the gnarly posh mushrooms from Tesco. They make it extra amazing, as do shiitake ones! But normal mushrooms work too. I just think, if a yummy dinner is worth doing, it's worth doing PROPERLY.

Makes 4 servings:

Chorizo Tomato Pasta
200g Raw Chorizo Sausages - 13PP 
(based on 1/2 pack of Sainsburys Chorizo Chipolata Sausages - I froze the rest)
1 glass Red wine - 3PP
30 x Black Olives - 3PP
260g Pasta - 24PP
4 sprays Frylight - 0PP
1 carton Passata - 0PP
6 x Mushrooms - 0PP
1 x Onion - 0PP
1 x Red Pepper - 0PP
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar - 0PP
2 tbsp Artificial Sweetener - 0PP
2 tsp Smoked Paprika - 0PP
1 clove garlic - 0PP
1 small chilli - 0PP
43PP (11PP per serving)

To reduce points - Cut down on the chorizo, leave out the wine or olives, use smaller pasta portions.



1 - Boil the pasta as per the package instructions.
2 - Chop up the chorizo and fry in a non-stick pan or wok with a few sprays of Frylight.
3 - When cooked, throw in the chopped onion, mushrooms and pepper and let them cook through (pop the lid on to speed it up if you like).
4 - When the vegetables have all softened, pour in the carton of passata along with the red wine.
5 - Chop up your olives, or leave them whole, and add them to the pan.
6 - Now add your seasoning - this combination is pretty foolproof and will create a lovely, rich sauce. Stir in 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, along with 2 tbsp artificial sweetener (you can also use normal sugar, but it's not 0PP like sweetener is).


7 - Add a clove of garlic and one small red chilli (I actually just use half a teaspoon of the 'So Lazy' jars) along with 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
8 - Stir it all in and turn up the heat a bit to let it all bubble away. Give it about 10 minutes to bubble and the sauce should reduce massively and go lovely and thick.
9 - When you're happy with it, drain the pasta and stir it into the sauce. And that's it! IT'S SO TASTY. I could quite happily eat this every day for a week. And probably will. YUM.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Sarah I have no words. Need to try this!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm yummy!

    Gemma
    www.instantlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete