Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Guest Post - Lucy

Saturday 1 December 2012

This weeks guest post is from the lovely Lucy - you can follow her on twitter here.

______________________________________


As I’m writing this, I’m finding it hard to believe that within the space of a couple of months, I've reached my target weight, been voted ‘Woman of the Year’ and ‘Miss Slinky’ at my Slimming World group and fitted into size 12 tops for the first time…ever.

In hindsight, weighing in at 14st 7lbs on New Year’s Eve 2011 at a house party was a blessing in disguise. Refusing to weigh myself for years prior to this had left me with a warped sense of just how heavy I was and how unhealthy my eating habits were. I needed that shock (followed by shots and sulking) to make big changes.

I've always loved food and tended to overeat. My nickname as a child was the ‘Human Dustbin’ as I’d go through seconds and thirds. Through High School and University, I never felt like the ‘Big One’, but looking back at photos, my outfits lacked colour and I never felt completely like the ‘Me’ I feel like now.

Walking into a weight-loss group is always going to be scary, but since that first meeting, I haven’t looked back. This sounds incredibly corny, but Slimming World really has changed my life. I’m almost evangelical about the plan, so I won’t start or else I’ll never stop. What I can say is: BIG PORTIONS and some CHOCOLATE EVERY DAY. What more could a girl ask for?

For a few years in my late teens and early twenties, I suffered horrendous back pain which got worse the older (and heavier) I got. After trips to A+E, boxes of pills and courses of physio, I was thoroughly miserable. Magically, the pain has decreased with my weight loss to the point where I rarely need pain killers. It’s been worth going without full-fat mayo on everything for this reason alone!

My wardrobe is slowly filling with clothes I never would have worn – leather-look skater skirt, anyone? Something very special will be added to my expanding wardrobe next year – my beautiful Wedding dress. I honestly cannot wait to walk down that aisle in May feeling happy, healthy and slim.

My weight loss journey up until this point has been relatively quick one – I’ve lost 3st 7.5lbs since January – but I know that this is really only the beginning. It’s going to be a battle to maintain my weight loss, but it’s one I’m determined I’m going to win.

Lucy before joining Slimming World

Now, after losing over 3.5st!



We are Where Are My Knees? want to say a big thank you to Lucy for taking the time to write this guest post. We are always looking for people to guest post for us - whether it be to share their story or a favourite workout or recipe - so if you're interested in posting for us then please get in touch. You can email us on wherearemyknees@gmail.com, or tweet us on @wherearemyknees.

Much love, 
Team WAMK xxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You look amazing (and so happy!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Lucy! You look fab and good luck with all your wedding planning - I'm sure you'll look incredible in your dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic. Thank you for sharing my story.

    ReplyDelete