Baking Mad provided the flour and sugar, the same types as in Sarah's post and then the rest was purchased by myself to make the roulade.
It was a complete cake fail!! I followed the instructions and the cake seemed perfect and tasted lovely but when I tried to roll it I split it and just had to fold it over. If you are a better baker than me (not hard) and want to give this a try here is the recipe:
- Line a Swiss roll tin with non-stick parchment paper. Place a large sheet of greaseproof paper on the work surface and lightly dust with cornflour and a light dusting of half spoon sugar.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until the mixture is pale and light in texture and a ribbon of mixture will leave a trail when lifted from the bowl.
- Sift in the flour, and gently fold in with a metal spoon in a figure-of-eight movement, until the mixture thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and spread out with a palette knife to cover the whole surface.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until the sponge is firm and springy to the touch.
- Turn out the sponge onto a large sheet of greaseproof paper, then peel away the lining paper. Trim the edges, cover with a clean,damp tea towel and set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Mix together the crème fraiche and raspberries. Spread the mix over the sponge. Roll up carefully and transfer to a serving plate with the long edge underneath the roulade. Cut into slices.