I'm really getting into making my lunch for work - my favourite way though, is to make something in bulk that will keep me going for a few days. I just can't get motivated to make a salad every night!
At the moment, I'm trying to be super good so I wanted to make something involving butternut squash as it's zero points. My best friend and I were brainstorming salad ideas like the cool kids we are, and we came up with this. It was amazing. It's barely a recipe, really - but it got a lot of interest on Twitter so as promised, up on WAMK it goes!
I made the squash in one go and boxed it into three portions along with a chunk of feta and a segment of lime - come lunchtime, I just grabbed a bag of rocket and dished it up. So many jealous stares at work, and rightly so - bloomin' delicious!
Honey Roasted Butternut Squash & Feta Salad
1 Butternut Squash - 0PP
200g Light Feta - 10PP
1 tbsp Honey - 4PP
Rocket, to serve.
= 14PP / 5PP per person
2. Pierce your butternut squash randomly all over and then put in the microwave (whole) for 3 minutes.
3. This will make your squash easier to cut and peel. Get it out the microwave, chop off the ends and peel.
4. Chop your squash into fairly small cubes and put in a big bowl.
5. Add a tablespoon of honey to the bowl of squash and use your hands to toss the squash until it's all well covered in the honey.
6. Put your squash in a roasting tin, add a liberal amount of salt and pepper and scatter over some dried rosemary if you fancy, and put in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
7. That's basically it! Serve hot or cold with a handful of salad leaves and a crumbled up chunk of feta. I used 1/3 of a 200g block, 1/4 would have been plenty.
8. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top... and you're done! SO TASTY.