Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Fleetly

Monday 26 September 2011



A few months ago we were contacted about Fleetly.com, a new website and iPhone app developed to make fitness more fun by making it social and by adding a bit of competition. I've been signed up to Fleetly as part of a their trial period since we first found out about it, but Friday was the first day that it finally went live for everyone to sign up to and I thought it might be of interest to some of our readers!

Fleetly is a little bit like Foursquare in the sense that you log your activities to gain points and unlock medals. Now this itself, in my opinion, would be a little bit boring and not very motivational, so Fleetly have created a 'Challenges' area. If there's something that will make me perform better it's competition!

Challenges are by far my favourite part of the website. There are already some challenges created such as 100 workouts in 2011, a 100 mille running challenge and even a challenge to see who can do the most crunches in 2011. Challenges are great motivation because you can view a leadership table which tells you how far ahead/behind you are from other competitors and there's also a wall where you can leave comments and interact with other people who are taking part.

There's also a section of the website dedicated to workouts. You can create a custom workout to log on your profile or you can pick from one of the pre-made ones. You can even filter workouts by body area or by quickness, see which ones your friends are doing or even find out what the best workouts for travelling are. Each exercise comes with a description telling you how to safely perform it and a video demonstrating it. And you can, of course, track your weight on it too.

The only downside that I can see is that the application is only available to download via the Apple app store. I use Android and I know that I'd be a lot more active on the website if I was able to access it on my mobile and update on the go.

I've gone ahead and set up our very own Where Are My Knees? challenge over on Fleetly. I know a lot of us have had great results from the 30 Day Shred in the past so I've decided to Challenge everyone to complete 30 consecutive days of the shred. All you need to do to compete is sign up to Fleetly and follow this link and join the challenge.

The challenge starts on the 1st of October and is only a bit of friendly competition and a good way to keep each other motivated. Anyone is welcome to join in and please feel free to add me as a friend - it gets a bit lonely over there when you've got no friends! ;)

What do you think of Fleetly? If anyone else has any other ideas for challenges we could set up that would help your motivation, or if you'd like to set up one yourself and share it with us, let us know!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Charlene,

    I work at Fleetly and was really happy to see the challenge that you created! If you want I can set it up so the challenge page on Fleetly links directly to this blog. Let me know, and do tell if there is anything else I can do.

    Cheers,
    Samer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive joined too! I started a week of the shred on Friday so may as well continue and see how many days I can do in total :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a good idea, but then I'd worry about always being behind and then just giving up and feeling rubbish. But then that's the cynic in me! haha.
    It's ok when you're winning ;)

    I don't have a smart phone either, so that would be another issue. Maybe I just need an upgrade...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am going to try and joinup, andi will definitely do the shred!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love foursquare, I love challenges, I love losing weight!

    I am all over this app. I've just requested you as a friend Charlene. Looking forward to racking up some points!

    www.lovecatlovecat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was about to say something on this topic. But now i can see that everything on this topic is very amazing and mind blowing, so i have nothing to say here. I am just going through all the topics and being appreciated. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete