Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Sunday Summary 67

Sunday 19 August 2012

We have been overwhelmed by both the sheer amount of applications for our final WAMK team member, as well as the amazing and inspiring stories you've shared with us in your entries.  It really is going to be an incredibly difficult task to narrow it down. We just wanted to let you know that the closing date for entries will be this Monday (20th).  It'll take us a little while to sort through your applications but we promise we'll share the news with you as soon as possible!

Rosie - A very lovely blogger got in contact with me recently on Twitter when I was feeling a bit disillusioned with having not lost as much weight as I'd hoped through the exercise that I'd been doing.  Her boyfriend is a personal trainer and has been helping me with my diet and fitness goals which is absolutely amazing.  I'm going to be blogging some of the tips and tools I've picked up this week.  My objectives this week were to do four morning cardio sessions, four evening cardio sessions and start cutting out all the naughty, sugary food from my diet.  I managed to go running four times, and also did some sessions on my exercise bike and with my new DVD (which I'll be reviewing here shortly) so I feel really good about the work I've put in this week.  Birthday celebrations have also rolled into this week, meaning a meal out at Pizza Express last Saturday and a dinner out on Thursday so keeping my healthy eating up has been trickier.  I've lost a lb this week; I thought I'd have lost more but it's really just the beginning of my new exercise regime so I'm trying not to feel too disheartened.

Gemma - I had such a good start to the week with a 1.5lb weight loss on Tuesday but I'm afraid I'm away with the girls in Torquay this weekend which means pub lunches, fish and chips and lots of wine. I'm going to try and have a great few days before I go to Reading Festival on Thursday but when I'm there I'm not really going to worry about my diet. I've packed plenty of Weight Watcher cereal bars in my rucksack and I've got some dried fruit and nuts but it is going to be very hard to track everything I eat. I'm going to take my own advice from the Festival Survival Guide post that I wrote last year and will try and stick to healthy and filling food and opting for spirits and mixers instead of beer. My weight loss is really slowing down at the moment which is becoming an issue but I'm 3 stone lighter than I was this time last year and 6 stone lighter than I was at Reading Festival two years ago so I'm trying to be positive.

Lauren - I gained 1.2lbs this week, which needless to say I'm not thrilled about. I put it down to a booze and BBQ filled weekend last week and the fact that the dreaded 'time of the month' is looming. Fortunately I haven't got any big social events lined up this week so I can focus on eating healthily and sticking to my points. I'm also hoping to get a gym membership sorted out some time this week. The gym is right next to the train station so I can go either before or after work and I'm hoping to fit in at least 4 workouts a week, which is the same as what I was doing at uni at the peak of my weight loss. I know that at this stage in the game the weight isn't going to come off quite as quickly, but like Gemma I'm focusing on the positives - I've suffered through the last few summers covering myself up and looking forward to winter when I could hide under layers, whereas this year I'm enjoying being able to wear dinky summer dresses and shorts. Hopefully this time next week I'll have some better news to report! :)

Sarah - I managed to lose 1lb this week which I am actually okay with.  I had a team building day on Thursday which ended with a curry and beers and unfortunately put pay to any further loses.  This week is a clear week though so I am going to go for it!  I really enjoyed following the Slim-Fast this last week, the shakes are tasty and I enjoy both the meal bars and the snacks.  The highlight is definitely the 600 calorie evening meal which goes really far is you choose wisely.  I've just had oven cooked battered cod, chips and mushy peas which felt really naughty.  Those 600 calories are my favourite of the day.  I've also discovered that most of my favourite meals at Wagamama's are under 600 caloriesm so I know where I will be heading even more to eat out. YUM!

How has your week been? Make sure you let us know how you've been getting on.

3 comments:

  1. Well done! I've lost 3lb this week and, like Gemma, am so looking forward to Reading festival! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right ladies, on Tuesday (after my hol) I'm getting back on the healthy bandwagon, and I need you lot to motivate me, looking forward to more posts!!! :)

    Well done to those of you that have lost weight this week, I need me some of that!

    allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been keeping up with all of this but well done to you all so far esp Gem - I've been reading your blog for a while - you're gonna have to change its name love!

    ReplyDelete