20g salted butter
10ml olive oil
3 tomatoes – cored, seeded and diced
½ onion – diced
1garlic clove – crushed
220g Arborio rice
400ml vegetable stock
20ml double cream
30g fresh basil – chopped
70g goats cheese – sliced
Pinch of ground black pepper
Pinch of salt
Roasted vegetables (optional):
100g butternut squash – diced and roasted
½ red pepper – diced and roasted
1. Heat the oil over a moderate heat and add the onion as well as garlic to the pan. Sauté until the onion softens. Then add the tomatoes and seasoning. Sauté for a further 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the rice, mix thoroughly and sauté for 3-4 minutes. You can add the optional roasted vegetables at this stage.
3. Gradually add the vegetable stock, stirring until all the liquid is absorbed.
4. Continue stirring until the rice is tender and creamy but still firm, then add the butter and cream.
5. To serve, top with basil and cheese.
Nutritional information: Calories - 283kcals Salt - 1.1g Fat -12.2g Saturated Fat - 7.1g Sugars 2.4g
The idea that making risotto requires hours of stirring over a hot stove is a total myth so I hope you give it a try this weekend. Have you got any risotto suggestions for me? I would like to try one using some nice seasonal asparagus next time or maybe a mushroom risotto.
Ingredients were provided by Care Home Provider, Sunrise Senior Living.